The views of staff, governors, children and parents were collected to create an updated School Vision in 2018.
Our vision comprises of being a family orientated school with a firm ethos of everyone working together. We would like to continue to be recognised as a challenging, nurturing, high quality teaching and learning school, where every pupil will fulfill their individual potential. Everyone will be encouraged and inspired to achieve beyond their academic and personal best, ensuring we all are responsible and resilient citizens ready for 21st Century life. We will continue to develop and increase community partnerships at school, local, national and international level. We all look forward to further improvements in our unique outdoor environment where everyone wants to be.
Our Long Term Strategy
Our School Promise – (Our Values)
Our school PROMISE identifies the core values we want to instil in our children:
Polite and Caring, that’s what we are.
Respect and Resilience , takes us far.
Open and Honest, we don’t tell lies
Manners are important, everyone tries.
I is in united, teamwork’s the prize
Strive to be the best we can be,
Everyone aims high at EDMONDSLEY!
Our School Aims
At Edmondsley Primary and Nursery School, we aim to provide a high quality curriculum, underpinned by strong teaching and learning and aim to:
- Ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum and all school activities
- Help all pupils achieve to the best of their abilities
- Ensure that teaching staff are aware of and sensitive to the needs of all pupils, teaching pupils in a way that is appropriate to their needs.
- Allow pupils to gain in confidence and improve their self-esteem.
- To work in partnership with parents, pupils and relevant external agencies in order to provide for children’s special educational needs and disabilities.
- To identify at the earliest opportunity, all children that need special consideration to support their needs (whether these are educational, social, physical or emotional).
- To make suitable provision for children with SEND to fully develop their abilities, interests and aptitudes and gain maximum access to the curriculum, promoting the highest levels of achievement.
- To promote self-worth and enthusiasm by encouraging independence at all age and ability levels.
- To give every child their entitlement to a sense of achievement.
- To regularly review our policy in order to achieve best practice.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.