Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs. The children take an active role with setting their outcomes and discussing them with the class teacher/SENCO. Pupils are given a questionnaire in spring term inviting them to give their views on SEND provision in the school. In addition, children are invited to create a pupil profile, which includes what they would like additional adults and supply teachers to know about their special educational need.
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- termly parents/ carers evenings;
- ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENCO;
- an ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have;
- annual parental questionnaire;
- through regular reviews of their child’s SEN Support Plan/ EHC Plan; and
- termly coffee mornings inviting parents and carers to voice their ideas and opinions about policies and practice on SEND.